16-17 April 2018
Summit Day Two
Tuesday 17th April
Click for Day One
08:00 - 09:30
SESSION 4: Petrochemicals Innovation: New Product Development
- Strategies for overcoming the obstacles facing the petrochemicals sector (weak demand, high stock and high crude prices)
- Application of new technologies in projects
- New development process from crude oil to petrochemical products
- Upgrade and expansion of refining capacity – timeframes and plans
- What are the downstream opportunities for investment?
09:30 - 10:30
SESSION 5: Energising the Workforce and Strategies for Talent Development
Redha KelkouliProduction Group Vice President Northern Middle EastSchlumberger
- Talent development: preparing skills to the future
- Energising the workforce to embrace new technologies and a dynamic oil and gas industry
- What impact does the digital transformation have on the workforce?
- Fostering entrepreneurial spirit and high competitiveness among the young – how can we assist the young in realising their ambitions?
- Rethinking performance management in the Middle East
- Application of HR strategy and operating model in the industry
- Success stories from the region
10:30 - 11:00
Speed Networking Coffee Break
11:00 - 12:30
SESSION 6: Investment & Capital-Raising: Projects Financing
Mohammad Yousef YaqoubAssistant Director General for Business DevelopmentKuwait Direct Investment Promotion Authority (KDIPA)
- Update on tax and other regulatory changes: What are the regulatory challenges for investors?
- What role do banks play in developing the region’s energy sector?
- What are the innovative financing methods required by the industry?
- Regional investments: Risks and returns
- Delivering value to investors: The Middle East as an attractive proposition in a capital constrained world
- How is the finance industry viewing the development of renewable projects?
Announcing National Student Contest’s Winner
Closing Session: Remarks & Recommendations
Close of 5th Kuwait Oil & Gas Summit